- Computers are required but you do not need internet access during testing
- The GED Ready® practice test and GED test software can be downloaded to computers
- Tests can be taken on laptops
- An offline version of the 2014 GED test tutorial is also available. Learn how to access it.
- Alternative security protocol is used for identifying testers and monitoring testing
- Test fees apply in addition to software costs
- Frequently Asked Questions
Student Set Up
As a Corrections Test Center Administrator, you can:
- Create and manage accounts for testers in GED Manager™. See info on how to get access to GED Manager™.
- We have assembled a handy list of print-ready guides that provide step-by-step instructions complete with screenshots to help you breeze through administrative matters. Click on the guide you would like to view.
You will need to schedule GED Ready® practice tests and the GED test in the Pearson VUE test administration tools (See “Registration Manager” in the VSS portal)
We are committed to providing students with full access to the GED test for anyone with disabilities and support the intention of the Americans with Disabilities Act as Amended (ADAAA).
How to Apply:
- Create an account on GED.com
- Print and complete the request forms below
- Attach your documentation (see below) and fax to 202-464-4894
Once your student has taken a practice test or official GED test, you can review their scores in GED Manager™. This score report has the same features available to regular student accounts, including the ability to align recommendations to classroom materials.
Practice with the tutorial and try the practice tests to learn about the various question types and become familiar with how the test works.