- Computers are required but you do not need internet access during testing
- The GED Ready® practice test and GED® test software can be downloaded to computers
- Tests can be taken on laptops
- An offline version of the 2014 GED® test tutorial is also available. Learn how to access it.
- Alternative security protocol is used for identifying testers and monitoring testing
- Test fees of $40 apply in addition to software costs
- Frequently Asked Questions
Student Set Up
As a Corrections Test Center Administrator, you can:
- Create and manage accounts for testers in GED Manager™. See info on how to get access to GED Manager™.
- Complete all necessary demographic information
- View testers’ score reports
- Manage state-defined testing eligibility approvals in GED Manager™ (If your state office manages the exceptions queue in your state, they will be responsible for approving exceptions)
- Help students request test accommodations before scheduling
You will need to schedule GED Ready® practice tests and the GED® test in the Pearson VUE test administration tools (See “Registration Manager” in the VSS portal)
We are committed to providing students with full access to the GED® test for anyone with disabilities and support the intention of the Americans with Disabilities Act as Amended (ADAAA).
How to Apply:
- Create an account on GED.com
- Print and complete the request forms below
- Attach your documentation (see below) and fax to 202-464-4894
Once your student has taken a practice test or official GED® test, you can review their scores in GED Manager™. This score report has the same features available to regular student accounts, including the ability to align recommendations to classroom materials.