Your Rights & Responsibilities
As the data subject of the Personal Data collected, you may have rights related to the Personal Data that we hold about you.
At any time you may have the right to:
- Request access to the information we hold about you.
- Ask us how to correct any inaccurate or incomplete information we have about you or request us to make the corrections.
- Request us to delete your information from our records, subject to our approval.
- Withdraw consents you have given, where our collection and use is based upon your consent.
- Ask us to send a copy of your Personal Data to a third party in a data portable format, subject to our approval.
You may make or submit a request listed above by contacting a GED Testing Service LLC customer service representative, by logging into your account, or by calling us at 1 952 681-3444 or toll free at 1 877 460-2204. Upon receiving your request, we may need additional information from you to verify your identity and to better understand what it is you are requesting. In this case, we may ask you to provide additional information, including information you have previously disclosed to us. If you wish to designate an authorized agent under any applicable law, please contact us by any means described above and we will coordinate that designation. We will respond to requests within a reasonable amount of time in accordance with state and national laws and requirements. We recognize that you may have a right to not receive discriminatory treatment by exercising any of the rights listed above. We will not charge a fee to respond to a request, unless it is excessive, repetitive or unfounded. If a fee will apply, we will advise the requester before completing the request, explain why a fee applies, and provide an estimate of the fee.
It is your responsibility to maintain the accuracy of your Personal Data at all times.
If you have concerns with these Rights and Responsibilities or our compliance with them, you may contact us Contracts@GED.com. You may also contact us at 1 952 681-3444 or toll free at 1 877 460-2204.
Our Rights & Responsibilities
We will provide you access to these Rights and Responsibilities and any subsequent updates.
We rely on the following legal grounds to process your Personal Data:
- Where we ask you for your consent, we will collect and use your Personal Data only to the extent you have consented.
- Legitimate interests. We may use your Personal Data for our legitimate interests for the purposes of improving our products and services, the content of our Site(s), and improving our applications and systems.
GED Testing Service LLC and its authorized subcontractors will at all times protect your Personal Data with operational, administrative, technical, and physical security safeguards.
We do not disclose your Personal Data to third parties unless otherwise stated herein. We do not monetize Personal Data. We have not sold, within the last twelve (12) months, any Personal Data collected through this site, except to the extent that third party targeted advertising cookies are ultimately determined to involve a sale of personal information under California law. We currently do not enable third party targeted advertising cookies on this site. The following categories of personal information may have been collected and shared through such cookies and related technologies during the past 12 months within the digital advertising ecosystem: Identifiers (limited to a numeric identifier, such as an IP address) Commercial Information, Internet or Similar Network Activity, Geolocation Data and Inferences draw from other Personal Information.
DESCRIPTION OF GED TESTING SERVICE LLC TEST SERVICES
In the event that you submit a request for an accommodation for your credentialing, you may be asked to submit health information records, including, but not limited to, documentation from your physician evidencing your need for the accommodations. If an accommodation is granted we will implement an acceptable accommodation solution.
At the test center you may be required to provide your signature, photographic image, and palm vein pattern digitally, where permitted by law, (for the purposes of identity verification and to protect the security and integrity of the GED® test) and you may be audio- and video-recorded during your testing sessions. Where palm vein pattern collection is required by you continuing with taking the GED® test it will be deemed that you are consenting to such collection and use.
We will retain your Personal Data for as long as needed to provide our services. To the extent that you request GED® Testing Service LLC to delete your Personal Data, it may affect our ability to allow you to register, schedule, and take the GED® test; or to provide to you any other products or services offered,, and such deletion may affect your GED® credential
Depending on the Services requested, we may collect and/or disclose to third parties the following categories of data in order to manage day to day business needs including, but not limited to, providing you with our services, performing services on behalf of a business, payment processing and financial account management, business planning and forecasting, system improvements, security and fraud prevention, and compliance with legal and regulatory obligations:
(A) Identifiers such as a real name, address, unique personal identifiers, or email address
(B) Customer records such as signature
(C) Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law
(D) Commercial information, such as products or services purchased, obtained, or considered
(E) Biometric information
(F) Internet or other electronic network activity information such as information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet Web site, application, or advertisement
(G) Geolocation data
(H) Sensory data, such as audio, electronic, visual, or similar information
(I) Professional or employment-related information
(J) Education information
(K) Inferences about preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, preferences, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes
How We Use the Personal Data We Collect
We use Personal Data to (i) provide services and information; (ii) administer the GED® test; (iii) provide your scores to those third parties you’ve designated y; (iv) to scholarship programs, school districts, government agencies, and government agencies’ designated service providers and vendors; and (v) for our legitimate purposes in operating our business. Examples of our use or disclosure of your Personal Data include, but is not limited to:
- Providing test delivery services to you, including test scheduling and administration, maintaining the integrity of the testing process, and score reporting. Where permitted by law, your palm vein pattern will be used as described herein and to authenticate your identity, detect, and aide in the prevention of fraud or misrepresentation.
- Our legitimate business purposes as needed to manage day to day business needs including, but not limited to, payment processing and financial account management, business planning and forecasting, security and fraud prevention, and compliance with legal and regulatory obligations. Testing Centers
ONLINE PROCTORING TEST SERVICES
Description of Online Proctoring Test Services
GED Testing Service LLC offers their test outside of a GED Testing Center LLC’s authorized in-person testing centers through an online proctoring platform and if you choose to take the test through GED Testing Service LLC’s online proctoring platform, in addition to the requirements of listed in the section entitled “Description of GED Testing Services LLC Test Services,” you will be monitored over the Internet through your computer via your webcam and microphone. Online proctoring means that you will log on to a test platform through the internet to take your test and you will be monitored during your entire testing session in real-time so that your face, voice, desk and workspace will be captured and a recording will be made of these images for the purposes of test security and the integrity of the testing process. It is your responsibility to monitor your online proctored testing environment. You must make sure that only you will be recorded during your testing session and that no one else will be physically in the room where you are testing and that no one speaks to you during your testing session. If, at any time during an online proctored testing session, another person enters the work space or if another person’s voice is detected on the audio recording your testing session may be immediately terminated and the test stopped. If this event occurs you will not receive a test refund or be credited for any portion of the test fee.
GED Testing Service LLC may elect to automate the check-in process. During this automated check-in process you will check yourself in, upload the photo you’ve taken of yourself, and share your identification documents (“IDs”) on camera. Images of your IDs will be used for the purpose of ID validation through the use of ID authentication protocols. We will use the ID authentication protocols in conjunction with biometric facial comparison technology to authenticate your identity. You understand and agree that GED Testing Service LLC may use facial comparison technology for the purpose of verifying your identity during the testing session by comparing your facial image to that presented on your ID and to your facial images captured during the testing session.
GED Testing Service LLC may use personal data collected during the testing process to develop, upgrade, and improve our online proctoring application and systems.
The video and audio recordings are standard test procedures for all online proctored tests and your video and audio recording will be used for purposes of identity verification, remote observation, incident resolution, such as fraud prevention, test security, and for the integrity of the test and the testing process.
Personal Data Collected for Online Proctoring Test Services
All of the same Personal Data that we collect or receive as described above applies to you when you register to take an online proctored test. Prior to the start of your online proctored test you may be required to hold up your ID documentation, (for example your driver license, passport or other approved ID that the test sponsor designates), to be recorded on the video for the purpose of identity verification. The collection of such data is optional, but necessary if you choose to use the online proctoring function.
GED Testing Service LLC endeavors to provide you with choices regarding our use of your Personal Data. For example, although we may occasionally use your Personal Data to contact you regarding products or services of GED Testing Service LLC we think might interest you, you will be given instructions on how to opt out of receiving further communications of this nature by email. Should you elect to opt out of receiving further communications you will still receive program-related messages and similar transactional communications by email. In addition, as noted above, you will have the opportunity to choose not to receive marketing materials from our affiliates or third parties.
GED Testing Service LLC’s E-commerce Sites provide you with the opportunity to purchase GED® test related products and services.
Personal Data Collected for E-commerce Services
We clearly identify what information must be provide by you in order for us to deliver the various products, services, and information that you may have requested. Depending on your choices, we will require different types of information for these various products, services, and information. You may also choose to provide additional or optional information to enhance the services we may provided to you. The Personal Data that we may collect includes:
- Contact and shipping information, as well as purchase history, and payment information.
- Information regarding your use of the Site (i.e., pages visited, files downloaded).
- Hardware and software information, such as device and application data
How we Use the Personal Data We Collect
We use the Personal Data you provide to GED Testing Service LLC to provide services and information you request, to process transactions, fulfill product delivery and for legitimate purposes in operating our business, including authenticating users. Additionally, we use information collected about your use of our site for legitimate business interests to understand the habits of our Site users and to improve the products, services, and content we offer. In addition, you agree that GED Testing Service LLC, for its internal use only, may use your Personal Data for the purpose of further developing, upgrading, and improving our applications and systems.
Third Party Websites and Social Media
We may also collect information via third party websites such as Google, or via social media such as Twitter and Facebook. This information may include your name, address, username, email address, website visited, content posted, IP address, nationality, language, and other publicly available demographics. This information is used to improve the products and services that we offer, to identify and resolve customer service issues, and to provide the information and services you request.
Information Received from Internet Service Providers through this Website
This Site receives information that is automatically generated by a user’s Internet service provider (ISP), browser, or mobile device. This information may include the IP address (a number automatically assigned to a computer by the ISP), the associated URLs, domain types, the browser type used to access our Site, the country, state and telephone area code, the location of the ISP’s servers, the pages of our Site that the user views, any search terms entered on this Site, and the user’s website address and email address. This information may be collected for system administration purposes, to gather broad demographic information and to monitor the level of activity on the Site. We reserve the right to link this information to your Personal Data in order to protect the integrity of our system and for security purposes.
DISCLOSURE AND TRANSFER OF INFORMATION
We will comply with the privacy and data collection laws of the jurisdiction of the individual from whom the information is being collected. Personal Data and information of test candidates located outside of the United States will be transferred to GED Testing Service LLC and our third party partners in the United States and elsewhere in the world only to facilitate the purpose for which it was collected. Our computer operations are currently based in the United States. By using this Site and sending information to us electronically, you consent to transborder and international transmission of any Personal Data that you may choose to provide to us to any country in the world, including countries without an adequate level of data protection. Information transmissions to this Site and emails sent to us may not be secure. Given the inherent operation and nature of the Internet, all Internet transmissions are done at the user’s own risk.
Disclosure and Transfer of Information to Jurisdictions
By registering for the GED® test through us, you give your consent for your Personal Data (with the exception of your debit/credit card information) to be transmitted by GED Testing Service LLC to the jurisdiction from whom you seek the GED® credential. The jurisdictions requires your Personal Data so that (a) your GED credential can be processed and issued correctly; (b) you can receive further information about academic testing and educational opportunities; and (c) for graduation ceremonies. For further information about how a specific jurisdiction may use your Personal Data we encourage you to contact the jurisdiction.
Disclosure and Transfer of Information to Adult Education and Testing Centers
As authorized by you, we may disclose information collected, including your Personal Data to the adult education centers or testing centers of your choosing. Adult education centers and testing centers main purpose for using your test scores will be to improve their programs, your score, and for conducting graduation ceremonies. You may designate the adult education centers or testing centers who are authorized to view your information and Personal Data through our Site.
Other Disclosure and Transfer of Information
By registering for an test through us, or in cases when we receive your Personal Data from another person acting upon your direction and on your behalf, you agree that your Personal Data can be transmitted in the situations outlined above.
In certain situations, we may be required to disclose Personal Data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Information from Children
Aggregation of Non-Person-Specific Data
We may statistically aggregate in non-person-specific form test responses and other information collected in the test registration and delivery process and transfer this information to authorized third party scoring vendors, to adult education centers, testing centers, and to other authorized third parties such as the jurisdiction. Such aggregated non-person-specific information may be used for quality control, operations management, security and marketing purposes and to enhance, develop, or improve testing processes, testing services, tests, and related products and services. By registering for a GED® test through us or selecting any GED Testing Service LLC’s services, you give your consent to GED Testing Service LLC for this non-person-specific data aggregation and the use and transmission of this aggregated statistical data as outlined herein.
We may use your email address to send you email newsletters about GED® testing and other related services. You may opt out of receiving the newsletter at any time by notifying us by email at communications@GED.com or following the opt-out instructions provided in the email newsletter.
PROTECTION OF CREDIT CARD INFORMATION
Individuals who make online purchases will be asked to provide credit/debit card information, which may include payment instrument number (e.g., credit card), name and billing address, the security code associated with the credit/debit card information, organizational tax ID, and other financial data ("Payment Data"). We use Payment Data to complete transactions, as well as to detect and prevent fraud. We will retain your Payment Data for as long as reasonably necessary to complete the transaction, to comply with our legal and reporting requirements, and to detect and prevent credit/debit card fraud. We provide a secured transmission method for the electronic transmission of credit/debit card information.
Marketing by Third Parties
GED Testing Service LLC honors your preferences with regard to sharing your Personal Data outside GED Testing Service LLC for marketing purposes. Prior to our sharing your Personal Data with our affiliates or other third parties for marketing purposes you will be given the opportunity to indicate whether you wish to not have your Personal Data shared with such parties.
Cookies and Web Beacons
By using our Site(s), you agree to the our use of the cookies as described above and to our use of web beacons for the collection of information in order to provide the products or services you have requested and for improvements, as we deem appropriate for our legitimate purposes, related to our products and services.
Cookies. Cookies are small text files that a web server places on your computer or mobile device. Cookies contain information that can later be read by the web server that originally placed the cookie on your computer or mobile device.
Below is a list of the main types of cookies we use, and what we use them for.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. Some of the performance cookies are analytics cookies, using third party web analytics software, which allow us to understand more about how our website is used. Performance cookies are not used to collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these performance cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. The aggregated data is only used by us to improve how our website works. We might also use performance cookies to highlight our products or services which we think will be of interest to you based on your use of our websites. By using this Site you agree we may place these types of cookies on your device.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are located in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. For instance, these cookies can be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customize. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect is not used to track your browsing activity on other websites. These cookies are known as “functionality cookies” and help to improve a user’s experience of a website by providing a more personalized service. By using this Site you agree we may place these types of cookies on your device.
- Targeting or advertising cookies: These cookies are used to deliver advertising materials more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organization. Most of our Sites do not use targeting cookies. By using this Site you agree we may place these types of cookies on your device.
- 3rd Party Cookies and Social Networks. If you click on a hyperlink from this Site to any third party websites (for example, if you ‘share’ content from our Site with friends or colleagues through social networks, (such as Facebook or Twitter), or use third party services together with this Site, you may acquire cookies from these third party websites. Third party websites will have their own privacy and cookie policies which we do not and cannot control. Please check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them. Your should always review these third party websites’ privacy policies.
How to Manage Cookies
If you block cookies or cookies are not enabled on your computer, it will mean that your browsing or shopping experience on our websites will be limited. Some active content, movies and online shopping baskets, for example, may not work correctly. To turn cookies on or off for all of our websites via your web browser, you can follow the instructions provided by the UK Information Commission Office at ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies.
- To allow us to better understand the traffic patterns within our websites and, subsequently, to adjust our content to better respond to our visitor’s interests; and
- To use the information we obtain to suggest materials and resources that may be of interest to you based on your use of our Site.
Do Not Track Signals. This Site does not respond to web browser “do not track” signals or comparable signals or mechanisms.
Information Access and Corrections
Resolution of Concerns
If you have questions or concerns about this Policy or how we handle Personal Data please contact us at www.ged.com.
How to Contact Us
Copyright © 2021 GED Testing Service LLC. All Rights Reserved.