5 Things to Know About GED® Practice Tests
- Our online practice tests are 25% the length of the actual GED® exam.
- For the best experience, we recommend using a laptop or desktop computer.
- During the practice test, you won’t face the same time limits as the official exam, giving you all the time you need to work through the questions. But you might want to keep an eye on the clock so you can practice for the time limits of the official test.
- Our free GED® practice test includes various question types, including multiple-choice, select-an-area, drop-down, and fill-in-the-blank. The questions are similar to those on the official exam.
- We provide answer explanations for each question to help you improve subject comprehension and problem-solving abilities.
GED® Math Practice Test
Preparing for the GED® math exam involves demonstrating skills in:
- Basic math
With our free GED® practice test, you’ll gain confidence through focused study, aided by resources like a calculator reference sheet, math formulas, answer explanations, and an online calculator.
GED® Language Arts Practice Test
Our GED® language arts practice test challenges your reading and writing prowess. Like the official exam, you’ll need to:
- Analyze texts
- Draw well-supported conclusions
- Explain your reasoning
GED® Social Studies Practice Test
You don't need to focus on memorizing facts to do well in the social studies GED® exam. Instead, the exam focuses on real-life skills like:
- Understanding history
- Interpreting events
- Making sense of social studies topics and graphs
Covered subjects include civics and government, U.S. history, economics, and geography.
GED® Science Practice Test
The science portion of the GED® covers earth and space science, physical science, and life science.
You'll encounter questions on:
- Weather patterns
- Natural resources
- The solar system
Questions mainly explore two themes: human health and living systems or energy and related systems.
Resources to Help You Pass the GED® Practice Tests
Want a more in-depth practice test?
We’re here to help you pass the free GED® practice tests. Everyone’s learning journey is unique, so we offer GED+, a more extensive resource for those preparing to take the test.
By signing up for GED+, you’ll gain access to various tools designed to help prepare for the official GED® exam, including:
- A personal GED® advisor for step-by-step guidance throughout your GED® journey
- Comprehensive study tools
- Official GED® practice tests in all subjects
- One-on-one tutoring (if your advisor feels you need extra help)
- Our test pass guarantee, which allows exam retakes without paying additional fees
Sign up for GED+ today and equip yourself with the tools and resources to excel on the GED® test. Your journey to success begins here.
Create the Future You Want!