If you are at least 18 years old you may sit for the test with no restriction.
You need to be at least 16 years old to request an exception. Before being allowed to test, you will need to fill out the Age Exception Waiver form and have it signed by a parent or guardian and then send it to firstname.lastname@example.org and include in the email:
- Your first and last name as listed on your testing account
- Your full mailing address (including city, state, and zip code) as listed on your testing account.
- Your telephone number as listed on your testing account.
- Your email address as listed on your testing account.
- Your GED ID number if available.
- Your date of birth as listed on your testing account
Once the form is reviewed and approved by us, you will receive a notification in your GED.com account letting you know that you can schedule your test.
No, you do not need to provide documentation of residency in your country to test.
No, you are not required to prepare for the GED® test in an program or classroom, however we find that students are more successful on the test when they attend classes through a GED® preparation program.
Yes, you’re required to take the GED Ready® practice test and pass with at least a 155 before scheduling your test.
In order to pass the GED exam, the minimum score is still 145 for each subject. Please keep in mind that some public Thai universities may require a higher score. Check with the university you’re applying to for their requirements.
You can retake an exam subject that you already passed in order to try to get a higher score. You must take all four exam subjects before requesting any retakes. Only one retake per subject is allowed.
Price & Payment
The GED® test costs US$80 per subject. There are four subjects on the GED® test, so the total for all subjects is US$320.
Test Retake Policies
There is no waiting period if you do not pass a subject area test the first time. After taking a test subject 3 times, you will need to wait 60 days before retesting in the same subject.
If you have not yet submitted a retake request by email:
To retake your exam in Thailand, you must meet the following criteria:
- You have taken all four subject exams
- You obtained a cumulative score of less than 660 on all 4 subject exams together
- You have not yet retaken the subject that you are requesting to retake
You are allowed to retake an exam only once per subject.
To proceed with requesting to retake an exam, you must apply by sending an email to email@example.com with the subject line: “Application to retake exam in Thailand” and include the following information in your email:
- your first and last name (surname)
- date of birth
- email used on your GED account
- phone number used on your GED account
- exam subject you need to retake
- explanation for why you need to take exam again
- date you need to retake exam by
Please allow 1-2 weeks to process. You will receive a separate email notifying whether you have been approved to retake the exam; a separate application is required for each subject area. Submitting an email application is not a guarantee that you will be allowed to retake the exam.
If you have already submitted your information by email for a retake request:
Please allow us 1-2 weeks to review your retake application. You will receive a separate email determining whether you have been approved to retake the subject, and then you can proceed to scheduling.
Please note that a separate application is required for each subject exam, and you are allowed to retake an exam only once in each subject.
The GED® retest fee is US$80.
Transcripts & Diploma
The International GED® Program has partnered with GED Testing Service for fulfillment of requests for GED® transcripts and diplomas.
After passing the GED® test, you will automatically receive one free electronic diploma, one free electronic transcript. You must take action to receive one free printed diploma. Paper documents will not be automatically sent. You will need to confirm the shipping address and pay for postage. You may request the paper diploma using the process outlined below.
Electronic Diploma and Transcript
The electronic diploma and transcript download links will be e-mailed to the e-mail address associated with your GED®account once you have passed all GED® test subjects and earned your diploma.
- Links are only available for a limited time, so be sure to download your electronic documents right away.
- Follow the instructions provided in the e-mail. These PDF documents are very valuable since they can be forwarded to employers and colleges that accept electronic credentials.
- The PDF documents are verified by GED Testing Service/Parchment each time they are opened using Blue Ribbon Security. The blue ribbon symbol displayed in the PDF is assurance that the digital credential is valid, the document is authentic, and the contents of the credential have not been altered.
The printed diploma can be ordered in your GED® account at GED.com. After logging in, go to My Scores and select Order Duplicates. Select Diploma option and then select the Printed Diploma – Free option.
- You will then be asked who and what address you want the diploma to be mailed to.
- The free diploma link will only be available until it has been used and can only be used one time.
- Carefully follow the instructions presented during the ordering process.
The international credential is called the District of Columbia High School Equivalency Diploma.
The Electronic Diploma and Transcript you automatically receive include Blue Ribbon Security, which means they are verified electronically whenever they are opened. These PDF documents are very valuable since you can forwarded them to employers and universities that accept electronic credentials. The blue ribbon symbol displayed in the PDF is assurance that the digital credential is valid, the document is authentic, and the contents of the credential have not been altered. Electronic verification is a quick, easy, and secure way for you to share your documents with universities and employers
Third Party Document Verification
A printed diploma or transcript verification can be ordered by employers or universities. The instructions are found here.
Some institutions and governments require a high school graduate to obtain an official Apostille authentication. In most cases, the electronic or third-party verification services provided by GED Testing Service and Parchment are sufficient. However, if they are not, GED Testing Service can prepare the affidavit for Apostille on your behalf and mail it to the Office of Minnesota Secretary of State, for them to Apostille your transcript. They will mail it directly to the address you provided via UPS International. If you wish to pursue the Apostille authentication, please follow these steps:
As of February 7, 2019 paper diplomas and transcripts are no longer sent via local post. This delivery option was highly unreliable and a large percentage of documents never arrived at their destination, or were badly damaged. Students continue to receive free electronic diplomas and transcripts. For those needing paper copies, they may be ordered via the FedEx delivery method. FedEx offers fast, secure, and reliable delivery that can be tracked every step of the way through their website.
Yes, you can take all test subjects in the same day if you can find a testing center with hours that accommodate it.
No, in Other Countries you can only take the test in English.
Yes, there is no requirement that all tests must be completed in the same city or country.