Tips for Successful Password Resets
- Only submit one password reset request
- The password reset email is sent from "email@example.com". Ensure that the email address "firstname.lastname@example.org" is a trusted sender and allowed to send you emails.
- In many cases if you add "email@example.com" to your contacts, the password reset emails will no longer be sent to your spam or junk folders.
- To learn more about how to add trusted senders in your email settings, type the phrase "How to add safe senders in ____" into your favorite search engine. Fill in the blank with the name of your email program (i.e. Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
- Upon logging back in for the first time, make sure that you have cleared any "Password" before entering the new password.
- To learn how to clear/update stored passwords, type "How to update stored passwords in ___" into your search engine. Fill in the blank with your web browser (i.e. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, etc.)
- If you have reset your password and are getting an error message when attempting to log in and you've ensured that the correct password is saved in your browser, please clear your web browser's cache and cookies.
- In most browsers these options are found under the "Settings" or "Tools" menu options.
- To learn how to clear this information in your browser, type "How to clear cache and cookies in ___" into your search engine. Fill in the blank with the name of your web browser (i.e. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, etc.)
- **Note** If you have Outlook, please ask your administrator to check the mail.protection.outlook to ensure the rules they have set up for it enable the GED password reset emails to be received by you and are not being caught by that system.
For assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.