FAQs for Earning a GED® in Bermuda
You must be 17 years old to test in Bermuda.
You must be 17 years old to test in Bermuda.
Yes, you must be a resident of Bermuda to test in Bermuda.
Some states allow people who don’t live there to take the GED® test and others don’t. You’ll need to check the residency requirement for the state that you’re interested to test in.
No, Bermuda doesn’t require you to prepare for the GED® test in an adult education classroom.
Yes, Bermuda requires all test-takers to take the GED Ready® practice test and achieve a particular score before taking the test. That score is determined by Bermuda.
Price & Payment
Starting July 1, 2023: Bermuda charges $81 per subject for the GED® test at a Test Center.
Test Retake Policies
In Bermuda, there is no wait period for your 2nd and 3rd attempts. You are required to wait 60 days after your 3rd attempt. There's no limit to how many times you can test in a year.
You are also required to take GED Ready® practice test before retesting.
Transcripts & Diploma
The Bermuda GED® Program has partnered with GED Testing Service for fulfillment of requests for GED® transcripts and diplomas.
After passing the GED® test, you will automatically receive one free electronic diploma, one free electronic transcript. You must take action to receive one free printed diploma.
Electronic Diploma and Transcript
The electronic diploma and transcript download links will be e-mailed to the e-mail address associated with your GED®account once you have passed all GED® test subjects and earned your diploma.
- Links are only available for a limited time, so be sure to download your electronic documents right away.
- Follow the instructions provided in the e-mail. These PDF documents are very valuable since they can be forwarded to employers and colleges that accept electronic credentials.
- The PDF documents are verified by GED Testing Service/Parchment each time they are opened using Blue Ribbon Security. The blue ribbon symbol displayed in the PDF is assurance that the digital credential is valid, the document is authentic, and the contents of the credential have not been altered.
The printed diploma can be ordered in your GED® account at GED.com. After logging in, go to My Scores and select Order Duplicates. Select Diploma option and then select the Printed Diploma – Free option.
- You will then be asked who and what address you want the diploma to be mailed to.
- The free diploma link will only be available until it has been used and can only be used one time.
- Carefully follow the instructions presented during the ordering process.
In Bermuda the credential is called the Bermuda High School Equivalency Diploma.
Yes, in Bermuda you can take all test subjects in the same day if you can find a testing center with hours that accommodate it.
It depends on whether or not that state has a residency requirement. Check the residency requirements in that state and don’t hesitate to contact the GED Administrator™ in that state with questions.
How to Get a GED® in BermudaIf you’ve thought about earning your GED® in Bermuda, there’s no time like the present. It’s never too late to start your journey toward a higher earning potential, more career options, higher education opportunities, and the personal accomplishment of receiving your Bermuda GED. At GED.com, our goal is to help you on your educational journey. We provide you with invaluable resources, from study guides to practice tests to goal tracking, to help you succeed. We’re in this together.
Creating Your Online AccountYour first step toward earning your GED® in Bermuda should be to create a free GED.com account. With a GED.com account, you’ll gain access to incredible benefits like:
- Goal tracking
- Study Guides
- Bermuda GED® Practice Tests
- Testing Tips
- Easy Access to In-Person Classes and Testing Center Information
Classes and Testing Centers Near YouWhile you cannot earn your GED® online in Bermuda, GED.com makes it easy to find classes and testing centers near you. After logging into your GED.com account, you can find GED® class and testing center location information to help you get started on your journey. In-person GED® classes provide several benefits to students, including:
- More Structure: In-person classes provide a structured routine, helping you stay motivated and focused on your goals.
- Fewer Distractions: In-person GED® courses help you stay focused on the subjects at hand and remove you from distractions at home.
- Immediate Feedback and Support: Classroom settings help instructors provide immediate feedback to their students.
- Peer Support Opportunities: You’ll be taking your GED® class alongside other like-minded individuals, offering the opportunity for peer support, interaction, and study partners.