Tips to Help Students Succeed with the Online Proctored GED® Test
The Online Proctored GED test continues to be a popular option for eligible students in participating states.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, some test centers are still operating under limited capacity. This remote testing option provides many students with a flexible way to earn a credential.
Here are some tips to help your students prepare and succeed:
Let your students know that the Online Proctored (O.P.) GED® test is an option for them.
- State-by-state information about online testing is available here: https://ged.com/state-information-online-testing/
- Eligible students need to have a computer, webcam and internet, quiet and private workspace, a government-issued ID and ‘Green’ GED Ready score within the last 60 days.
All the information students need to know about the O.P. test is available on GED.com.
- Students can find information about eligibility, an overview of the testing process, exam rules, FAQs and more on our student online testing webpage.
Before test day students should practice with the Whiteboard tool to get comfortable before they test.
- Students can draw and write out math calculations using the online whiteboard.
- This video reviews how to use the whiteboard during testing.
- Students can learn more about how to use the Whiteboard tool and practice here: https://home.pearsonvue.com/onvue/whiteboard
Complete the online system check before scheduling—to make sure their equipment works properly.
- Students should do a system test to make sure their computer, webcam and internet connection meet the requirements for testing online.
The content on the O.P. test is the same content they would see when testing in person.
- Test questions, timing and scoring are the same as tests taken in person at authorized test centers.
Another important reminder: GED test vouchers need to be purchased specifically for OP testing; in-person test vouchers will not work for this testing option. Test vouchers for in-person and OP testing are available for purchase on GED Marketplace.