News, updates and promotions for October 2019:
- Demo environment available for adult ed programs or test centers: This demo will provide a walk-through of the GED.com process without having to create a faux account on the actual website. Educators and test administrators can access the demo here.
- New English and Spanish marketing flyers: Use the new flyers to help promote your GED program or test center. Download and print the free pdfs and find other resources on the “Promote Your Program” webpage.
- Check out our latest Tuesday for Teachers webinar: Our PD team reviewed activities and resources educators can use to help students improve their writing skills and earn more points. Download the full webinar here.
- Update your holiday hours: Test Administrators, we would like to remind you to update your holiday hours for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s in VSS as soon as possible for Testers who are trying to schedule in advance.
- Do not inform Testers of their score(s) and credentialing status: This is a reminder that you should never tell a Tester what their scores are and/or whether or not they earned their GED. Please inform Testers that they will receive an email letting them know when we have posted scores in their account.
- New ‘Student-Authorized View’ Users: GED Administrators in AK, CT, KS, MD, MN, RI and UT approved ALL of their Adult Educators with Student-Authorized View (otherwise known as Prep Connect) access to receive email notifications when an individual selects their program. GED Manager users with Student-Authorized View access will have to log into GED Manager and go to “Manage GED Prep Connect Enrollment” to get more information about the Tester. Once you are in this part of GED Manager you must select “Interested” in the “Status” field and select a date range to view the list of Testers who have recently selected your prep center.