May 17-21 is GED Grad Week. We are celebrating GED graduates and encouraging students still on their journey to continue working hard.
Throughout the week we will be sharing inspirational videos and encouraging messages, including those submitted by fellow educators and graduates, on social media. We have asked recent graduates to share how they overcame obstacles while obtaining their credential and what advice they have for other students.
Submit a video to celebrate your GED graduates
We still need your help celebrating GED graduates! We have asked educators to submit videos congratulating your students and highlighting some of your grads’ hard work. There’s still time to share your videos, submit them to us here by Friday, April 16th. Please include the following:
- First Name
- Program Name
- City & State
- Your shoutout to all GED graduates on their success (or), tell a quick story about your favorite student (please use their first name only).
*If you can’t make the deadline, you can still share your videos during Grad Week, just tag us on your post!
Social Media Tips
In the weeks leading up to GED Grad Week, we would like you to encourage your students to use our hashtags and personalized giphy stickers when they share their GED stories online.
Next month we’ll share a full Social Media 101 guide that will include all you need to know about sharing on the social media platforms. Here are some tips from that guide on how to share, tag, and use hashtags when participating in GED Grad Week:
Click the “Share” button that is below the post. A drop-down menu will appear as a result.
Choose the “Share to a Page” option and make sure you select the correct page. This opens a “New Post” window in which you can share the post on one of the pages you manage. You can then add text to the post if needed then click on the “share” button.
How to Retweet (share tweet as it is)
- Click the Retweet button
- A pop-up will show you the Tweet you’re about to Retweet.
- Click the Retweet button.
- Tap below the photo or video in Feed.
- Tap Add post to your story.
- Tap Send To.
- Tap Share next to Your Story, then tap Done.
How to use Giphy Stickers (IG)
- Tap the Sticker button (a square with a smiley face) to open the sticker tray.
- Type in “GED” to find the sticker you want and tap it.
- Use one finger to drag and drop the sticker into the desired location.
- Use two thumbs to pinch or expand the sticker into the desired size.
- Finish creating your Story and post.
How to Tag
When writing a caption or posting on your story, type the “@” symbol within your post, and then type out the name of our page (@gedtesting)
How to Use Hashtags
When creating a post, make sure to include the hashtag #GEDGradWeek and #GED. You can do this but typing the “#” symbol before typing out the phrase. You may also click on these hashtags to see other posts.
Keep in mind that you cannot add spaces or punctuation in a hashtag, or it will not work properly.