News, updates and promotions for November 2018:
- InSession on hiatus in December: We’ll be back in January 2019 with updates on the GED test program, student and educator success stories and much more!
- Reminder: Changes are coming to the RLA test screen in 2019—In a recent webinar we reviewed the updates coming to the RLA test interface in 2019 and discussed ongoing research we’re doing to improve the usability and effectiveness of the GED score reports. The full presentation and a downloadable pdf are available here.
- New! RLA Extended Response Scoring Tool—This new tool will help you score and provide meaningful feedback to your students on their Extended Responses. Although the tool is designed to be used with the GED Ready Practice Test, it can be used with other practice questions in your classroom! Using the tool you can download the GED Ready passages and prompts from within the tool, easily tabulate a score on each of the three traits and obtain an overall score and personalize a printable ER feedback report for each student. The scoring tool can be accessed here.
- Nominate a former student for “ACE Student of the Year”—This award recognizes adult learners who have used the American Council on Education’s (ACE) credit recommendations to earn a college degree or advance a career. The award recipient will receive $1,000 at the ACE Annual Meeting in March 2019. More information is available here.
- Check out the GED.com search function! In the top right corner of every GED.com webpage you can enter what you’re looking for into the search bar and it will search the entire site.