We’re excited to announce a new tool for educators and others who help students sign up for GED.com accounts.
We have just launched the GED.com account demo site that allows you to sign up for a demo GED.com account.
Why is this helpful? If you’ve ever wanted to demonstrate for your classes the GED.com account set-up, you’ll know that it can be a pain to sign up for a new account that requires a unique email address each time. We know many of you have created Gmail accounts just to sign up for GED.com accounts.
In addition, most teachers have a GED.com account they use to see the system, receive email alerts, etc., but occasionally the GED.com account experience will change slightly for new test-takers and it impossible to see the new features/look without setting up a new account. This demo site erases most of these common annoyances.
How you can take advantage of the new GED.com account demo site in two easy steps:
Step 1: Navigate to the website link below.
*When you go to the site you may see a warning stating “Your connection is not private.” You will see this because it is a demo site and not a public-facing website. Please click the “Advanced” button and proceed, you should only have to do this once.
Step 2: Sign-up for a GED.com account—just like you would on GED.com.
A few things to remember:
- You can use a real or “fake” email account and password when you sign-up for a demo account
- Example: You could use “email@example.com” or “firstname.lastname@example.org”. As long as the email address follows a standard email address format, they can type anything they want.
- You can sign up for accounts as many times as you want
- Example: If you have three new classes you can demonstrate the account setup for each one.
- None of the demo accounts you set up are real
*You also have the option to log in with any student account you create. It is a good practice to use the same password for all the student accounts you create in the demo environment so you don’t have to worry about remembering it.
We hope that you enjoy this new tool and streamlined way for you to demonstrate to your students how to set up a GED.com account!