GED Testing Service LLC Text Message service offers program updates, test appointment reminders, GEDWorks updates, GED+ updates, confirmations, promotional and marketing messages from GED Testing Service LLC delivered to your mobile phone by text messaging. When you opt in or provide your mobile phone number, you are expressly agreeing that GED Testing Service LLC, or its third-party subcontractor, may send you text messages to that phone number. Message frequency varies per user and the GED® testing program promotions. You also agree to pay any message and data charges to a wireless carrier that may result from such service. You do not have to opt in to this service or agree to opt in as a condition of purchase. For help, text the word HELP to 69433. To opt out, text the word STOP to 69433. I understand I may be sent a message confirming the cancellation. For other ways to opt out, see the “How to Opt Out” section below. You authorize us to use automatic telephone dialing systems to send the text messages described above to the mobile phone number you supply when you opt in. To contact customer service, call 1-877-EXAM-GED. The information you provide will be handled according to the GED Testing Service’s Privacy and Cookies Policy.
By opting-in to receive text messages, you
- Affirm that you have a text messaging enabled mobile device with a text messaging plan and are authorized to use the mobile phone number provided to GED Testing Service LLC.
- Affirm that you are over the age of 13.
- Acknowledge that text messages are not secure transmissions, and that such text messages will be sent in unencrypted form.
- Understand that text messages may, in accordance with applicable law, be intercepted and disclosed to protect rights or property, to protect the efficient operation of the network or comply with governmental authorities.
- Acknowledge that text messages may only be available in limited geographic areas and with certain telecommunications providers.
- Acknowledge that GED Testing Service LLC reserves the right to cease providing text messages to you for any reason at any time. GED Testing Service LLC may, at its discretion, send you a text message or an email if it determines that it will stop providing text messages to you.
- Acknowledge that GED Testing Service LLC will not be liable for claims or damages of any kind for providing text messages or for failing or ceasing to provide text messages.
- Agree to promptly notify GED Testing Service LLC of any changes to your mobile number and any event where you relinquish the mobile phone number provided to GED Testing Service LLC or the number is otherwise transferred or assigned to a different person.
- Acknowledge that GED Testing Service LLC may use an electronic record or other means necessary to document evidence of your consent to participate in this program.
How to Opt Out:
If you opt-out of any part of the Text Message service, you will stop receiving all text messages from GED Testing Service LLC.
Opt out by text:
If you have a GED Advisor, you may text them directly to stop receiving text messages.
Opt out online:
Log in to your ged.com account, select “Edit Profile,” and then click any of the following and uncheck any or all of the text message opt-in options:
- Edit Contact Preferences
- Edit GED Advisor Contact Preferences
Opt out by email:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your GED ID or your ged.com log in email address and indicate you want to opt out of Text Messages.